Linda Farrow Launches Black Series Line, Collection, Newsletter – WWD

Estimated read time 3 min read

[ad_1]

LONDONSimon Jablon, owner and creative director of the Linda Farrow brand that his mother set up in the ‘70s, is pushing the brand into its next stage with a new men’s eyewear line called Black Series.

The new line includes a 26-piece collection of sunglasses and opticals, as well as the launch of a newsletter and Instagram page under the same name.

“Although we already had a menswear collection, Linda Farrow is predominantly renowned for women’s luxury eyewear and so I wanted to create a whole new collection that primarily speaks to the modern man. The Black Series collection isn’t a break from Linda Farrow, but more of an extension of our brand as a whole,” said Jablon in an interview. “The designs are a reflection of my personal style — minimalist with a focus on quality and craftsmanship in a black color palette and the name Black Series reflects this in its simplicity.”

Simon Jablon

Courtesy of LINDA FARROW

The men’s category has been steadily growing year-on-year over the past five years and makes up 30 percent of the brand’s sales, while women’s makes up the remaining 70 percent.

The Black Series collection will be sold in stores, online and at Linda Farrow’s wholesale partners including Ssense, Net-a-porter and Neiman Marcus.

The idea to introduce a new arm to the business came to Jablon after he was quietly observing the shopping habits of his male friendship group.

“​​I love taking on new challenges and I wanted to design an entirely new collection that was more steered towards men like me and my friends. In my circle we’re happy to mix contemporary clothing with high-end items but when we do invest in something luxury we want it to be very special,” he said, explaining that the prices range from 310 pounds to 1,165 pounds. 

Black Series from Linda Farrow

Black Series from Linda Farrow.

Linda Farrow Social

Jablon isn’t shy nor afraid of making uber luxury pieces linking Linda Farrow’s eyewear to Patek Philippe watches.

All of the brand’s eyewear pieces are handmade in Japan.

The Black Series newsletter will be a separate universe for Linda Farrow’s male customers featuring an informative editorial element that will incorporate lifestyle news stories across the arts, business and fashion.

“We see Black Series as a long-term venture that with time will be fully established as a brand within its own right. We’re planning various global marketing activities for the first drop including a dinner in London and Paris,” said Jablon, adding that the next drop will be in the summer.

You May Also Like

More From Author

+ There are no comments

Add yours